Le Chat!


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday 22 December 2012

Lightning Blitz (1998)

Today I shall be reviewing the Nerf Lighting Blitz ( Hailstorm is the European name).
I received my Lightning Blitz BNIB - The box was in mint condition, and I got it for a very good price.

This blaster was released in 1998 under the Hasbro name and is part of the Air Jet series. It is known for firing five darts at once
On the box there are advertisements for the Secret Shot 2 and Triple Shot. It also has a lot of information about the blaster in English, French and German, when you get to the fine print, there is language for many EU countries.

Included inside the box is the Lightning Blitz, Five Micro Suction darts and an order form for more darts.

The Lightning Blitz is a very large blaster, very wide and bulky. It has five back-pressure tanks linked to one trigger and the pump is located inside the handle. I found that the OPRV on mine kicks in around 8 Pumps.

There is storage for five extra darts on this blaster, but personally it looks stupid when you do.

The darts have yellow bodies and black suction cups, the suction cups are smaller than on modern Micro Suction darts which is standard amount these vintage blasters.

It seems that you have to apply the stickers, but I haven't and don't plan to as I am going to be modding this. My stickers are different because they are the EU version.

There doesn't seem to be your standard AR's inside this blaster as I can fire Streamlines, maybe it's a different system, with just a peg.

I used this at Decembwar as my secondary and stock blaster and it was very fun, I was getting 25-30ft Flat with stock elite darts and getting a nice spread, which was helpful when I 90% of the time was hitting my targets.

When modified correctly this blaster can achieve ranges of 70ft.

Overall I'm rating this blaster as 8/10 because of its fun features and comfy shell.








































No comments:

Post a Comment