Le Chat!


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Saturday 17 November 2012

Modding Q's and A's

So in my short time of modding Nerf's I've discovered that a lot of people have the wrong idea for what happens when you do something to a certain thing.

Here are some Q and A's to solve some of these problems

Q: If I single my recon will the range decrease?

A: No , all singling a recon does is taking out the dart tooth and cutting off the magwell. - if anything it will increase your range by pushing the dart in further.

Q: If I single my Longshot , can it still take clips?

A: No- when you single a Longshot you remove the ability to load clips.

Q: Do I need to brass or CPVC my blasters to fire stefans?

A: No. To fire stefans all you need is to remove the Air Restrictor and ppDart Tooth. If you want good ranges then yes you should brass or rebarrel them.

Q: Can I brass breech a Reverse Plunger blaster or an Elite Blaster?

A: No. Reverse Plungers simply don't have the volume to fire through all that deadspace, and Retaliator's/Rampages don't have enough volume for a lengthy barrel.

Q: Will a K26 fit in a Quadshot?

A: No a K26 has a too small of an ID to fit over the plunger rod.

Q: Where can I buy a K26?

A: The K26 spring can only be found at McMaster.com.

Q: Will my hardware store sell PETG?

A: No. Try a pet store or iModify's modding store.

Q: Should I use a tight fitting barrel or a loose fitting barrel for my springers?

A: A tight fitting barrel. In springers the energy is released over a certain amount of milliseconds. Therefore you need a tight barrel so that you don't loose any of that energy around the dart.
In air guns, you need a loose fitting barrel as all the energy is released at once - you want your dart to travel with the air.

Q: Is Drac the best modder?

A: No. Not at all. And if you think that, then you should probably stop modding.



Hope you guys enjoyed this little guide.
If you have any other questions post them in the comments and I'll add an answer!

2 comments:

  1. No offence BBV.... but I think different on:
    No. Reverse Plungers simply don't have the volume to fire through all that deadspace, and Retaliator's/Rampages don't have enough volume for a lengthy barrel. Brass breeching a reverse plunger will add 5-10ft with stocks dart.

    Also, foam has different OD's. So you might need to rebarrel your blaster depending on the FBR size. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As iMod said, you can brass breech reverse-plunger blasters, but you can't brass barrel them.

    The real reason you want a tight fit for springers is so you can have excess pressure buildup behind the dart before it starts moving out the barrel. Springers don't release air that quickly, so you want to use friction to hold the dart in place while the pressure builds up behind it. With a loose fit, the dart starts moving immediately after you pull the trigger, so you might not even get all the air behind the dart by the time it leaves the barrel.

    Keep up the good work!

    P.S. I'll be buying some spacers off you very soon!

    ReplyDelete